Women's History Month: Eveline Maud Jasper.


Eveline Maud JASPER, born 3 April 1885, died 4 October 1932.

 Born at McDonaldtown, in Sydney, Eveline was the first child for Isabella Mary Ann VAUGHAN and August JASPER, her three younger siblings all died very young.

 She married Arthur GALBRAITH on 30 December 1908, at St Stephen's, Newtown. They would have 10 children.

But what of her childhood? I can assume that she attended Erskinville Public School, as it was the closest to her home. I know she was a dressmaker, Mum told me that. Did she work for a firm or do it from home? Questions that I have no answers for.

I do know that she made her own wedding dress. Was much loved and missed by her children. 

The photo, above was taken of a family outing to Katoomba, in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney.

Her wedding day.

Eveline's legacy; 10 children, who all lived to adulthood and married, 22 grandchildren and 35 great-grandchildren.


Comments

  1. Wow! Such beautiful photos. I can feel the love in your words. Katoomba was such a happy place for so many of us huh? A refuge during the war years. A fabulous holiday place for me in my youth. All those great walks and beautiful waterfalls.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek