RootsTech 2020 Part One.

 Life has happened in an interesting way and I haven't really felt like blogging but I would like to share my RootsTech 2020 journey.

After the fantastic Sunday exploring Antelope Island, I thought that I'd crash. Nope! Sleep eluded me until the wee small hours of Monday, which then caused me to sleep in and not start my day how I planned it.

I had wanted to be a the Family History Library, when it opened but while that didn't happen I did get there by 9.15am. Tried to research but gave up and went to find friends.  There was a large group of us waiting to see Dear Myrtle and have a chat. Jennie Fairs and I were in the first group and it was great to catch-up.  Then we all went to lunch in the John Smith building.

Being interviewed by Dear Myrtle.


After lunch Pat Richely-Erickson, Roberta Estes, Jennie Fairs and I went to Quilt Etc. a lovely quilt shop and did some shopping. The view from the shop was lovely.



Back in the city Roberta, Jennie and I continued our conversation in my room, with cuppas. It was a wonderful afternoon. Jennie and I then went to the Commonwealth Dinner at the Blue Lemon. This dinner is where those of us, from the Commonwealth meet up, each year. We also have 'honorary' members, like John Boeren.  Lots of talk, hugs, photos and a really great night.
Jennie, John and I at dinner.


Tuesday and I made it to the library and did some serious research and discovered some very useful information. A quick lunch with Jennie, a browse in a genealogy book fair, where I might have purchased some books on German research and a very quick trip to the supermarket.

After all that it was time to go and register, pick-up our name tags and then relax, with friends for dinner.


The theme for 2020 was What's Your Story?  Meaning that we should all write OUR story.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek