A look at my Ethnicity Update from Ancestry DNA.

 Ancestry has released their new Ethnicity updates and added a new tool for us to use. Now I don't usually dissect my results to closely but today, and with the new tool, I thought I would. 

I first looked at my Ethnicity results and this time there was a change, interesting but I'm still more Scottish than Irish.


 Now in September 2021, I was

Scotland   - 47%

Ireland      - 41%

Sweden &

Denmark   - 7%

England &

Northwestern Europe - 5%


So what has changed, not much except I've 'lost' my England and Northwestern Europe bit but I can see where its gone.                                                                                                                                                                                  


Now there is a new cool tool, that Ancestry released as well, called Ethnicity Inheritance and this is what Ancestry says about it. It is called SideView.

Your regions inherited from each parent

Your parents each contributed half of your DNA. Now, you can see which ethnicities you inherited from each parent—even if they haven’t taken tests.

Okay but both of my parents died, well before DNA testing was around.          

This is what it looks like.

Looking at the circles I saw exactly which 'bits' were from which parent and it all fell into place.
There will be a feature to 'name' which parent is which, coming in the future.

You then scroll down and get this details comparison and again it all lines up. 

My DNA confirms my very solid paper trail and I can say that Parent 1 is Dad and Parent 2 is Mum.

How cool is that!

(I don't get all the technical stuff, but it works for me.)

                     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek