Ancestor Hunting

 Back at the start of 2021, Fiona Brooker from Memories In Time, set a challenge for us to work on over five days. Each day a new task was revealed, each was set to expand on what we had done, the previous day.

I did mine each day and had heaps of fun. This is what I ended up with, an Ancestor chart that shows me how many ancestors I know about  and how many more I need to find. It's not as tidy now, as I am using it as my working copy.





I had so much fun, doing mine that last Sunday I did Hubby's and have now added more ancestors to his as well.  

When I say I added Ancestors, I don't just go to an Ancestry tree and 'pick' them, I do full on searching and checking BEFORE they are added.


Fiona has heaps of useful information on her website, including several blog posts on the Leads Method of grouping your DNA and a Plan to Publish series. Why not have a look!


Happy Ancestor Hunting,
Lilian.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek