Bits 'n' Pieces

The house if starting to come together, floors will be done next month and then we can move the furniture back in. Looking forward to it as I can't find anything.

While this is going on I'm spending time researching various branches of the tree, with a bit of success.

 I have joined the Kent Family History Society, http://www.kfhs.org.uk  and they have been very welcoming. Their journal is interesting and I have joined the Global Section and have had helpful replies to my query.

I have also taken out a subscription to The British Newspaper Archive so I can access their version of TROVE. No luck so far with my searching but as it was 10.00pm, last night, I might do better when I'm fully awake!

This morning I went to the Garden of Remembrance at Rookwood Cemetery and took some photos for a friend. It is part of The Office of Australian War Graves and has plaques for eligible veterans, who have died post -war and whose deaths are accepted as being caused by war service. It is a beautiful quiet spot.

Spring is here, so I've been pruning, with the hope that the gardenia will flourish rather than be very woody. I had no luck with my cauliflowers, they were all leaf and no flower. Not happy about that. The peas and tomatoes are growing well.

Hope your weekend has been great.

Bye,
Lilian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost in DNA Weekend Part 1. (my 600th post)

Transcription Agents.

Part 3 of Our Trip, Alice Springs to Tennant Creek